Friday, June 12, 2009

CHALLENGE

I am hereby challenging my sister, Amanda at Serenity Now, to train for and FINISH the Disney Princess Half Marathon with me on Sunday, March 7, 2010.
She recently wrote this post about running because I had the {amazing} idea to get all my bridesmaids to run a 5K with me before the bachelorette party. Sadly, I can't find a race in Virginia that is convenient to all the other things going on that weekend AND all the girls' schedule.
BUT THEN SOMETHING AMAZING HAPPENED! I was watching television the other day and saw this girl wearing a wonderful pink shirt kissing a medal hanging around her neck that looked like a tiara...I watched as the screen panned out and holey moley there was Cinderella's castle as the lady on the commercial invited me to a princess weekend at Disneyland! I never knew there was such a thing! aldfa;lfjj!
Anyway, here are the reasons that this is an amazing idea for my sister and I to plan for/train for/save money for this amazing princess-y event:
  1. It's something to look forward to...everyone needs something to look forward to!
  2. It's my birthday weekend and you could race with me as a present (You're cheap, you admit it, it's ok.)
  3. We can get in better shape so that,
  4. We will look amazing in our new PINK SHIRTS
  5. Family vacay afterwards?
  6. We can be a team and get our names on our bibs!
  7. You can blog about it!
  8. Mom will pay your entry fee (heh heh she doesn't know this yet, but I'll break it to her tonight.)
  9. It's only 13.1 miles and regardless of if it takes 2 or 6 hours - it will feel so good to do it!


So, here it is Manda - do you accept my challenge?!?!?!

{Picture is from DisneyWorldSports.com}

This could be us (but you can wear the heinous pink running skirt :-)


3 comments: